Hip Ailment - with P.S. Insertions

Hip Ailment - with P.S. Insertions
May 24/21: I forgot to share the title of that rewritten track from 2007 I stumbled on while recording last year: SPILL OUT YOUR HONEY. Doesn't it fit well with my other songs from the time? You know, '...You must have enough/ to mix with some bitter stuff...' I don't know which band has been telling you it was theirs all these years, but they'll soon learn otherwise. I don't know if the Tragically Hip cashed in on it, but I bet they took something from me back then. Everyone else did. And the corporate Vancouver press is always interested in hyping anything of mine in the hands of a fraud, it seems. Such was the case with Blue Rodeo in 2017, with the Rolling Stones in 2020, and they seem to need to prove something by this malicious treatment of a copyright owner like myself in Vancouver.[End of insertion.]

May 24/21: (8:30pm) The lyrics for the above mentioned song are quite nice, I think. Here's the second verse: 'Spread out your saving sunshine/Cover everywhere you go/Let it span the shoreline/Catching ripples in the glow/Ooo when you turn it on/Don't have to wait until dawn/Oh spread out your sunshine on me/And set me free! Because it's such a nice thought, I doubt that a nasty greedy corporate band would be able to write it, though they would certainly be able to steal it and lie to the world about their talent with it, as has been proven countless times in the last eleven years of my song sharing on YouTube. Just because I haven't put this song back on YouTube with the others doesn't mean I can't protect it.

Oh, and I guess the last verse is about me pining for sex: 'Open the way to your playland/With its neon burning bold/Hope you were not on your way and/My arrival stopped you cold/I've had a weary spell/Far from your carousel/Oh give me the thrill and ecstasy/I sorely need.' So when I pine for sex in my rock, the evil corporate broadcasters let their greedy fraud bands steal the music and take all the good stuff for it and leave me to get called a pervert by their unwitting rape victims. You people out there sure let us all get sexually abused a lot by those 'friends' of yours on the TV and radio.[End of insertions.]

I almost got depressed last week when I thought I had symptoms of a terminal condition. As it turns out, it was a false alarm caused by something I ate. When I thought I was facing death, I realized that I would miss out on parenthood, and I got a little sad. But, after some more thought, I cheered right back up. After all, I don't really need a child because I reincarnate. Reincarnation is how I keep myself going in this world. Besides, my Catholic parents had enough kids with their surname. I wouldn't mind adopting though.

I've had to add this post today because of a disturbing headline on yesterday's front page: THE TRAGICALLY HIP! I just thought we should ask the newspaper a few questions about this band: Are they still hip? How old are they? As old as Jeff Epstein was? How old are the girls that you're trying to impress on their behalf? Have there been no sensational new bands since the 1980's? Did this band have any successful new releases on or after 2007? Are you sure it's their rock? Are they friends with Blue Rodeo and Coldplay and the Rolling Stones and all the bands that committed fraud with my music on the radio since 2007? Are they friends with the SNL gang and the comics who plagiarized my comedy posts on television? Are they having a concert in Vancouver? Why? Is it going to be like when Blue Rodeo came to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre to steal my old recordings for a double sold out show in January 2017? Should we trust this band? Should we admire them? Should we worship them? Why? Just because they're on the cover of your rag?

During the War of 1812, the native troops seldom took prisoners. They had no jail to put them in. But, besides that, they didn't want to have to defeat their enemies any more than once. That's why I wish we could kill all the stars and media involved with the crimes committed with my music and comedy.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2021. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Rewards

Sins of Translation

Counting My Blessing