Why Biden Won

Why Biden Won
I've been following the broadcast news for the first time in a very long time and it's because of this election. I'm very sensitive about false accusations of fraud, such as those apparently being made by the U.S. president and his supporters right now. But perhaps, as a Canadian, I am able to distance myself enough from it to offer Americans an objective summary of the situation.

What is going on right now has largely been caused by economic stress. I heard one report that unemployment is up as high as it was during the 1930's. Such widespread hardship may give rise to radicalism, as it did in Germany at that time. When people have no job security, there is too much time for them to sit and dream up conspiracies to explain it all. I know. I was unemployed for a long time. But, since I've been working four to six days a week, I've calmed right down. I look back on some of the things I wrote in the past and shudder, but it's too late to change it.

A democracy stops being a democracy when its opposing parties become too polarized. There must always be tolerance and recognition of dissenting voices. This works both ways. So, I might easily have said in the preceding paragraph that these lawless websites that let anyone climb aboard and say the most outrageous things are all populated by a bunch of worthless layabouts who'd rather sit around the radio in the middle of the night than look for a job in the daytime. Instead, I put it in a way that shows pity for their weak condition and does not entirely fault them.

By the same token, I could have said that my late house mate brought on his own demise through a failure of effort. Instead, I refuse to pass judgement on him. He was already suffering miserably as it turns out, so why would I want to punish him? This might go for every street person you see in the course of a day. Try to remember that they don't want to be there.

And if you're a Republican who was surprised by the election results this year, consider how people vote during tough economic times. People want a softer government when they are not sure where their next meal is coming from. Now, isn't that a more sensible explanation for Biden's win than conspiracy?

  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2020. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrimeTube Stinks

Special Delivery

Poetry Can Hurt