A Post for Posterity

A Post for Posterity
I'll tell you what power fears most; more than any bomb or hypersonic missile: unsolicited intelligence. By that I mean that power does not fear intelligence which has the support of lawyers, for such intelligence can be controlled. Only intelligence which exists outside of the establishment poses a serious threat to power. As an unsolicited author of poems, songs, cartoons, and comedy scripts, I know what I'm talking about here.

Dumb songs and dumb shows for a population of dummies: I give you modern culture. And all anyone has been able to use against this argument since 2006 has turned out to be my own material in the hands of commercial frauds on TV. See how desperate the networks were to crush a smart new talent that owed no allegiance to them? They need you to believe that they are smarter than you and here was all this great new comedy on the internet that not only mocked them but came from one of your very own - a forklift operator. Scandalous! But wait, isn't it even more scandalous to break the law and go to prison as their stars did? Certainly, which is why you can only get this fact from me and not from their so-called news reports.

Twitter, tweet, how much of a twit do they want us to be anyway? These sites may owe their existence to the urgent need of networks to move traffic away from Blogger and from thousands of posts like this that so clearly expose their vile corruption. They need you to worship their frauds, after all, and how can you do that with their fraud victim screaming his head off for justice on the internet all the time? They can't incarcerate me because I'm telling the truth, so perhaps they've constructed these silly new blogging sites as bypasses around the information they don't want you to read. And when did they get popular? Was it before or after George Carlin and all his dirty star friends were incarcerated for fraud in 2007? After, right? Too bad the only thing keeping them locked up in there was my Blogger account at the time. If I'd have known, I wouldn't have erased the account.

I don't know how people can feel fully alive in this intellectual vacuum. Do you think I envy stars for accepting all that money and praise for work that they stole? On the contrary, I hope I could never be happy with such an unjust and undeserved reward. Do you think I envy network staff for being able to control the mind of the masses? Actually, I pity them, since their job forces them to believe their own lies at the expense of their souls. I'm still in full possession of my soul and consider myself better off. If I'm ever wildly successful, it will be with my own work. Moreover, at the end of my time on Earth, whatever happens, I'll be able to say that I fully lived my life, rather than wasting it all sleepwalking through a barrage of lies and brainless distractions.

I offer you my best here because I respect your intelligence. And, as an unsolicited author, I'd love to share another thought with you on the coverage of this horrendous war. Is it a 'war crime' to kill civilians? Well, if it is, how many civilians died in the bombing of Baghdad? How many civilians died in the bombing of Sarajevo? How many civilians died in the bombing of Hanoi? How many civilians died in the bombing of Dresden? (The answer to that last one has been revised down to 25,000.) So, apparently, it's only a war crime to kill civilians if some other country does it. I say, if we want to keep the moral high ground in this war, we can start by being fair with the language we use to report it. The killing of civilians in war is always an atrocity, but it tends to be up to the winning side to determine its criminality.

I need to add another paragraph here to answer someone's retort concerning my age. I believe she called me 'old'. I gather that this means my truth is irrelevant. We can quickly surmise that this critic is a person of limited intelligence who confuses an author's need to share his thoughts with his need for sex. I'm not here for a blow job, I'm here to make a point. Does she think you can't trust anyone over thirty? That might be true for the countless who have been forced by pressures of home and offspring to 'sell out' by that age, but I have no such pressures in my world. If anything, my continued position against power at my age deserves applause. I've also found that the fully developed mental faculties, especially the language skills that tend to elude authors in their mere twenties, adds that much more strength to my arguments against power. Tell her to f- off for me, will you? She's probably just another song stealing creep at large. Finally - I hope - so as not to close on too antagonistic of a note, here is a reassuring thought for all my readers in their teens and twenties: fear not growing old. You may sustain some loss of physical prowess, but you will gain something far more valuable in the process: wisdom. And happiness requires wisdom.

  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2022. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrimeTube Stinks

Special Delivery

Poetry Can Hurt