Likes and Dislikes

Likes and Dislikes
I 'liked' an old music clip from the Dean Martin Show on YouTube last week. I used to enjoy watching Dean and his friends singing and dancing when I was a small boy, but I was too young to understand the comedy. Now that I'm an adult, I understand that it was racially insensitive. Jack Benny to Nipsey Russell in the barber shop: 'Oh, you're the owner?' And how about when Nipsey said of Jack Benny's tip, 'I'm tired of looking for those brown coins in this brown hand!'?? I didn't laugh. Then there was Nipsey Russell with Dean Martin at the modelling agency. Dean suggests Nipsey hide his identity for a nude photo by 'posing on a dark rug with his mouth and eyes closed.' Yikes! Even whites should be offended. We're all ultimately African, you know. Anyway, I doubt Russell was their author, poor guy. Looks like TV comedy still had a long way to go in 1972. Blame the racist WW2 generation for surviving into their fifties, I guess.

On the bright side, however, his women were all sexy and talented and didn't seem to mind a man telling them how to dress and what to say. Strictly in this respect, perhaps his show was a little more advanced than the variety shows of today. Oh, and just in case those creeps who steal my poetry and comedy and music want you to think I'm serious with this last point, I must tell you I am joking. They never had to tell you they weren't serious when they stole my blogs and said they wrote them and when they told you I stole my own songs and blogs. How many years did the TV networks and radio networks support them in their filth again? Ten? Well, ten years later, I think it's extremely unfair to me.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2021. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrimeTube Stinks

Special Delivery

Poetry Can Hurt