Please Don't Forget

Please Don't Forget
I'm probably going to end up repeating a few things I've already said here in past blogs, but maybe they need to be repeated. For starters, I don't feel unhappy about losing all the millions and millions of dollars of royalties for my music, comedy, and poetry that I shared online in good faith. The betrayal by the business was hard to get over, but the money I lost doesn't trouble me. I know that happiness does not come from having millions and millions of dollars. It comes from getting what you want, all right, but who knows that? I don't honestly know what it is that would make me happy because I don't know myself that well. Like most people, I know others better than I know myself. It's quite natural for creatures who never see themselves except for a few tense moments in front of a mirror each day. And how can you know yourself if you never truly see yourself? Are you honest with yourself in the mirror? I'm not. I avoid noticing my under-eye circles and I suck in my gut if I'm shirtless. Therefore, for all I know, I'm happier with my ordinary pay check than I would have been with the millions and millions of dollars in royalties that huge stars like Mick Jagger and Mike Myers stole from me since 2007.

Something else I may have said in the past is that the music business hates music and hates artists. One of the worst lies I ever read was that the business loves artists. If true, they wouldn't have murdered my legacy with such a vicious crime as their endless fraud with my work. Besides that, it doesn't make sense that they would love artists when outstanding talent is too rare for their greed. They couldn't be happy with one artist writing all the rock hits, but they had to break it up into dozens of bullshit bands on the alternative rock station. They couldn't let the same guy write all the most popular comedy because he was already writing all the popular music. They needed to turn my comedy scripts and [apparently] amusing statements into a hundred zany assholes led by George Carlin on TV. And that brought the profits from my labours up to a more acceptable level for them than what they would have made off of me alone. In other words, artists are their enemy because outstanding talent limits their profits. They almost made themselves plain with that billboard slogan I mentioned here a few years back: 'We're in the business of music for business.' If I had their attitude about music, I'd have never struggled to write so many songs for you over the years. And see how they call it 'business' when my work gets ripped off and plastered all over their radio stations for ten years. I'm sure you honest ones out there have a less misleading word for such an act.

Misled you have been from the beginning over my work, whether you were at the movies with your guy or gal and enjoying my background scores playing through the credits of a movie that stole my writing, like Austin Powers, or whether you saw a monster like Taylor Grift receiving music awards on TV for stealing my hits, or saw the face of an unrepentant fraud like Ellen presented as a child's 'harmless' favourite on a cereal box, to name a few instances, the experience always led you to hate my guts. The more you loved my music from those frauds, the more you hated me. The more you loved my comedy on TV or in the movies, the more you hated me. And now the business just wants you to forget how you hated me while you loved their frauds. I wish I could forget. If you think I'm asking too much for you to reject these stars now, consider how I have been forced to live with their crime every waking second since they first committed it fourteen years ago. I loved them too, you know, but, as much as it hurt me, I had to reject them to protect myself. So do you. Sometimes the best medicine is bitter.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2021. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrimeTube Stinks

Special Delivery

Poetry Can Hurt