Alive Since 'Sixty-Five

Alive Since 'Sixty-Five
Tomorrow will be my 56th birthday. I can't believe how old I'm getting. It's kind of a magical day because it's on a Wednesday, which is the same as the day I came into this world. I was born on a Wednesday in '65 and tomorrow, on a Wednesday, I'll be 56. I bet astrologers would find that interesting. And 'Wednesday's child is full of woe,' as they say, but I try to turn my woe into decent music and comedy. I'm not responsible for what others do to it beyond that. In fact, I've built up a nice little set of new tunes, but I just haven't found the time to record them yet.

I hope the media hasn't given my birthday to any other relatives this year.

I know I complained in my last post about being mocked on my way to work, but it was a rare occurance and I'm actually doing quite well. Besides staying in good shape, I'm saving money. It will be hard for me to leave such a cozy setup, with my income boosted by my steady employment (two years full-time now) and my job only footsteps from my home.

Anyway, I heard the fireworks over the weekend and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for remembering. I don't blame you all for making such a big deal of it at this time of the year. I guess it's better than nothing to celebrate.

Oh yes, and I should clarify that statement about handing you your worst nightmare. That was intended strictly for those who think I owe them a laugh, not for reasonable people like probably you. Don't let them twist it around please. As for nightmares, we'll each face death alone one day, but as long as you have nothing to hide from God...

  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2021. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrimeTube Stinks

Special Delivery

Poetry Can Hurt