Special Delivery

Special Delivery
I have been following the war, mostly on DW News. Again, I stand firmly with Ukraine. I hope the Ukrainians can stop Putin in his tank tracks, not just for their own sake, but because Poland may be next otherwise. Poland is a NATO country, which would drag my country of Canada into the war, and I don't want to be in a war. Who would want that? We need to avoid that until the last possible moment. But, for what it's worth, I have given some thought to how we might slip those replacement Migs across the Poland-Ukraine border. I suggest we disassemble them and disguise the parts as cleaning equipment, perhaps industrial vacuum cleaners or something. Yes, I'm sure Kyiv could use a good vacuuming after all those artillery shells. I'll tell you something else, my gasoline consumption is zero. Putin never got a cent out of me, because I can walk to work in ten minutes.

I don't mean to joke around too much through such sad and serious time. I'm always like this. God help me. Oh well, guess I'll see what 9-News has to say about all this tonight. They tend to have at least one 9 reporting. Hope that water level is dropping in New South Wales, by the way.

2:05am: I don't often discuss my European heritage, but my family name is Polish. To be more precise, it is Cossack - at least according to an old Slovak friend of mine. My Polish grandfather, who was brought here as a child, joined the RCMP. He really knew how to ride a horse, so, you know. I'm pretty good on a power jack, too, come to think of it. Sorry, anyway, when Germany invaded Poland in 1939, I can only imagine the shock it must have brought upon my Canadian family. My father fought for Canada in that war, and I'm sure he made my grandfather proud. And if they're accepting recruits all the way to age sixty, hell, I've still got four more fighting years in me. I'm skilled with heavy equipment, I'm sure they could use me. I can drive most anything.

All the Eastern Europeans I've met read good novels. They also often have advanced taste in music, and know how to turn supper into a celebration. A Ukrainian girl would like it here, I think. There's even a Ukrainian center across the road.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2022. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrimeTube Stinks

Poetry Can Hurt